Best Practices for Speech Recognition:
To achieve the best results with Speech to Text App speech recognition, shown in this document. The topics shown here are arranged from basic to advanced.Following are the Best Practices for Speech Recognition which should be followed to get better Results.
Keep background Noise to a reasonable minimum.For example, close the window to block out street noise , or turn down the volume of radio on your desk.
Position Your Microphone Properly
To position your handheld microphone correctly for optimal speech recognition:
- Point the microphone head close to (about four to six inches) and directly in front of your mouth
- Do not hold the microphone too close to your mouth; this can cause the audio to be too loud, resulting in audio distortion.
- Hold the microphone the same way each time you use it.
- Do not dictate into the side of the microphone.
- Use punctuation like: Period, Comma, Exclamation point and others (see below)
Save your Work after Every Dictation
Use punctuation and formatting
You can add punctuation by saying what you want. For example, “Hello John comma the check is in the mail exclamation mark” becomes “Hello John, the check is in the mail!”
Here are some common punctuation and formatting commands that you can use: